Auditors appointed by the Audit Commission, carry out various inspections of how the Council conducts its affairs and publishes findings in reports. In particular, inspection concentrates on our accounts, performance management and financial aspects of corporate governance, for example how well we prevent and detect fraud and corruption.
We also carry out internal audit with Devon Audit Partnership to ensure that statutory financial responsibilities are achieved, and to assist managers in the effective delivery of services, seeking to ensure value for money. We maintain close cooperation with the external auditor to reduce overall audit costs.
Statement of accounts
- Statement of accounts 2016/17
- Statement of accounts 2015/16
- Statement of accounts 2014/15
- Statement of accounts 2013/14
- Statement of accounts 2012/13
- Statement of accounts 2011/12
- Statement of accounts 2010/11
Independent audit report
- Independent audit report to the authority 2016/17
- Independent audit report on the Devon Pension Fund 2016/17
- Independent audit report to the authority 2015/16
- Independent audit report on the Devon Pension Fund 2015/16
- Independent audit report to the authority 2014/15
- Independent audit report on the Devon Pension Fund 2014/15
Inspection of accounts
By law, we have to make our accounts available to the public for inspection for a period of 30 working days.
You have a right to inspect the council’s accounts. Electors may also ask questions about, or challenge, the accounts.
For 2016/17 these 30 working days (Monday to Friday) had to include the first 10 working days of July. From 2017/18 the inspection period has to be brought forward to include the first 10 working days of June. The inspection period is advertised on our website. If you wish to inspect our accounts during this period of 30 days we will arrange for you to view them within our premises at County Hall, Exeter.
To arrange a viewing please email email@example.com or call 01392 383342.
The National Audit Office provides Council Accounts – a guide to your rights where you will find more information.