Annual Survey of Providers Analysis 2018
Thank you to everyone who completed our Annual Survey of Providers 2018. 77.9% of all providers returned the survey, with 100% return rate from funded groups!
You can view the analysis here: Annual Survey of Providers Analysis 2018
- 49% of funded group providers, 76% of out of school providers and 42% of holiday providers report operating from school premises.
- 18.7% of childminders reported that they employed assistants with the majority only employing one assistant.
- 78% of funded group providers, who provide care for two-year-olds, do so from the child’s second birthday. This translates to 89% of places available for two-year-olds that are available from their second birthday.
- 89.9% of funded providers reported that a child who is eligible for the extended entitlement could be funded to attend their provision for more than 15 hours a week with the majority (83.7%) of these offering between 25.5 and 30 hours a week.
- 32.5% of funded group providers report that they are open during school holiday periods or all year which translates to 41.6% of funded full time equivalent places for two-, three- and four-year-olds being available as a stretched offer. If all providers who reported that they could open all year round did and offered the stretched offer, potentially 52.8% of full time equivalent (FTE) places for two-, three- and four-year-olds available would be available for a stretched offer.
- 78.5% of all providers responding to the Annual Survey of Providers reported that they had registered to be able to receive payments from the Tax Free Childcare scheme.
- 54.8% of funded group providers and childminders responding to the Annual Survey reported that they had been asked to provide childcare before 8am, 29.1%, reported that they had been asked to provide childcare after 6pm and only 15.0% reported they had been asked to provide childcare at weekends.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of your provision please contact your early years and childcare advisor.