This space provides a place for staff, members, contractors and visitors to County Hall to go when they need time to meditate, worship or contemplate.
All those using the space are asked to follow these instructions for use.
This space is NOT to be regarded as a quiet or confidential meeting room. People wishing to discuss problems / private issues with another should seek alternative accommodation, and the space may not be used for this purpose.
- The room is available for individual staff to use outside of ‘Core Hours’ and during lunchtime, in accordance with the Flexitime policy. Booking is required during these times.
- At all other times, staff will need to seek the approval of their line manager and use flexitime to account for their time. Flexitime working rules will be applied fairly and consistently for these, as with all, requests using the flexitime policy. Booking is also required.
- Room booking should be done online via your Outlook – as you would make a normal appointment and book a room. The room is called: ‘Exeter, County Hall – Room Quietspace’
- If you are a visitor or a supplier to County Hall or do not have access to the electronic room booking method and wish to use the room then please ask Main Reception to make the booking for you via the electronic system.
- The room booking is for exclusive use. However if you do not mind other people using the room at the same time or you wish to hold collective prayer then please state in your room booking subject line ‘ Shared Use Welcome’. If you wish to share this space for collective prayer that is religion / belief specific only then please state the religion / belief also in the subject line also.
- Collective use may be for a maximum period of half an hour and involving a maximum of six people.
- Users are welcome to adjust the furniture but must return the room to its original state after use.
- Unless booked for collective prayer, the room will be a silent area. All users are asked to switch off mobile ‘phones, pagers, and personal stereos.
- All users are asked to keep the room clean and tidy, and remove their shoes (a shoe rack is available).
- Users are asked to ensure that any religious artefacts are removed following use.
- Users are asked not to leave posters or leaflets in the space but may use the designated wall space in the entrance area.
- Users are asked not to take food or drink into the space.
- Users are asked to respect those who may be praying (for example, don’t walk across someone in an act of worship).