There are few key things you should always do:
- If the danger is inside, get out and stay out.
- If the danger is outside, get in, stay in and tune in to local radio or TV.
- Remain calm and reassure others.
- Check for injuries – remember to help yourself before helping others.
- If people are injured or in danger, contact the emergency services by dialling 999/112 and give them all the details.
- You should always ensure you and your household are okay first then help vulnerable neighbours if safe to do so.
- Power cut or emergency – How to prepare yourself and your family