Social, Emotional and Mental Health
This page is being developed, thank you for your patience.
Early Help for Mental Health (EH4MH) – This programme aims to build resilience in children and young people by tackling mental health issues before they become more serious. It uses a range of approaches, including face-to-face counselling, online support and self-help advice and guidance. EH4MH also offers comprehensive help to schools, offering training, advice and clinical supervision, and raising awareness of emotional health and wellbeing among the school workforce in order to help change the culture around mental health. The EH4MH service is split into two elements:
- school support, delivered by Virgin Care, supports staff in all Devon schools to develop their knowledge of mental health conditions affecting young people and strategies for supporting children with early signs of mental and emotional stress;
- direct support, delivered by Young Devon and Xenzone, gives secondary school aged young people access to self-help tools, good information, online counselling and appropriate levels of support (online via KOOTH.com and face-to-face via Young Devon).
- Babcock LDP Social, Emotional Mental Health and Wellbeing Support Team
- Young Minds – includes a parent carer helpline
- Search Pinpoint Devon for mental health support
- CEDA Bisnet training courses for parents and families