Accessing Social Care Support
The information below should provide you with an overview of the eligibility criteria for the Disabled Children’s Service, the process of assessment, and how we can enable you to provide the right support at the right time for your child or young person.
- How do I access the services?
The Devon Single Point of Access (SPA) is a county-wide doorway into our services and is provided by Virgin Care. Built around one single contact email address and telephone number, it is now the route through which all enquiries and requests for services will be managed.
The SPA will deal with all enquiries, requests for advice and access (referrals) to the following services for children and young people:
- Children and Young People’s Mental Health Services (CAMHS) – eligibility criteria
- Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) – eligibility criteria
- Occupational Therapy (OT) – eligibility criteria
- Autism Spectrum Condition Diagnosis (ASC) – request criteria
- Rehabilitation Officers for Visually Impaired Children (ROVIC) – eligibility criteria
- Children’s Learning Disability Team – more information
- Occupational Therapy – eligibility criteria
- Specialist Equipment – accessed through Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy services
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) – more information
- Palliative Care – more information
- Children’s Community Nursing (CCN) – more information
- Specialist Children’s Assessment Centres (under 5s) – more information
- Children’s Social Care – Threshold Tool
- Disabled Children’s Service – eligibility criteria currently under review.
Contact the SPA
Integrated Children’s Services
Single Point of Access Team
Virgin Care Limited
1a Capital Court
Sowton Industrial Estate
Exeter EX2 7FW
Please send all requests for service (referrals) to the Devon SPA by email or post. You can find all the information you need on the Virgin Care website, including:
- advice on what you can do to help a child or young person, tools they can use themselves, and other places they can go for help and support
- information on criteria to access our services
- forms and supporting documentation that you will need to submit with your request
- further information on the services we offer.
- What support could I receive?
We will work with you as a family to identify and assess your needs in order to enable you to support your child in the best way possible.
As part of our assessment, we may use a Resource Allocation System (RAS) tool* which was created by In Control. This tool will be completed with you by a Disabled Children’s Service worker. The RAS tool helps us to calculate a maximum or an ‘indicative amount’ of funding that might be spent directly on services or support arranged with you, or taken as part of a personal budget. For more information about Personal Budgets and Direct Payments, please see the ‘Personal Budgets’ page.
*The RAS tool has been developed for use with families who have a disabled child over 7 years old.
Updated 12/04/18 email@example.com