The Children with Disabilities Service provides assessment, support and advice for all children who have a diagnosed disability. The service consists of social workers and community care workers who work across Devon.
We aim to provide children and their families with the opportunity to have their needs assessed – through a social work assessment and/or Resource Allocation Scheme (RAS) – in order to determine the most effective and appropriate level of support.
Access to the Children with Disabilities Team is currently through the Single Point of Access (SPA) and both parents and professionals can refer to the SPA, if they think they are entitled to an assessment or would like more information on the services and support they can receive. Find out more about the SPA and how to access support.
- NEW Devon CCG – Personal Health Budgets
- Devon County Council Adult Social Care Resource Allocation System (RAS)
- Devon County Council – Children’s Social Care Direct Payments Policy
- DIAS – Personal budgets for special educational needs leaflet
- The Council for Disabled Children – Making it Personal
Information on eligibility, who to contact and the type of support you can receive
Short breaks provide a positive activity for children or young people with disabilities while giving parents a break from their caring responsibilities
A direct payment is money given to families who have been assessed as needing social care support and would like to arrange and pay for the services themselves