Devon Education (Schools) Forum
The role of Schools Forum
Schools Forum is made up of representatives from schools and academies, but with some representation from other non-school organisations, such as nursery and 16-19 education providers. The forum acts as a consultative body on some issues and a decision making body on others.
The forum acts in a consultative role for:
- changes to the local funding formula (the local authority is responsible for the final decision, although in some cases it may delegate the decision-making power to the Schools Forum)
- proposed changes to the operation of the minimum funding guarantee
- changes to or new contracts affecting schools (e.g. school meals)
- arrangements for pupils with special educational needs, in pupil referral units and in early years provision.
The forum is responsible for decisions on:
- how much funding may be centrally retained within the Dedicated Schools Grant (e.g. for the Admissions Service, prudential borrowing costs, additional funding available for growing schools)
- any proposed carry forward of deficits on central spend from one year to the next
- proposals to de-delegate funding from maintained primary and secondary schools (e.g. for staff supply cover, insurance, behaviour support)
- changes to the scheme of financial management.
For more information abou the Forum please phone 01392 382305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non statutory responsibilities
The County Council has agreed that the Forum will be consulted on all educational issues that affect young people aged 0 – 19.
Current standing groups
Meetings to commence at 10am at County Hall, Exeter (unless otherwise indicated):-
- Wednesday 19 October 2016
- Monday 16 January 2017
- Wednesday 15 March 2017
- Wednesday 21 June 2017
- Wednesday 18 October 2017
- Monday 15 January 2018
- Wednesday 21 March 2018