Apply for an in-year place
Apply for an in-year admission to move your child to a different school.
- Before you applyHow to apply
Before you apply we encourage you to do the following:
- read about in-year admissions
- find out what different schools have to offer your child
- if possible, visit schools you are interested in
- know which school is designated for your child’s address
- be aware of the school transport policy – it is important that you understand who will be responsible for transport before applying to a school
- find out whether the school you would like asks for applications direct to them rather than through us.
You can apply for any state-funded school in Devon.
You cannot apply for a school outside of Devon or a private school. If you would like a place at any school other than a Devon state-funded school, you must contact the school or relevant local authority directly.
You can apply at any time of year.
Admissions team can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two ways to apply – either through our school admissions service or direct to the school. You cannot currently apply online.
Through school admissions
The majority of schools in Devon participate in our in-year co-ordinated admissions scheme. There are two ways to do this:
- complete the Devon common application form (D-CAF)
- complete the D-CAF6 – a shorter form, available from certain schools. You will need to check with the school whether it is available.
Direct to the school
Some schools do not participate in our in-year co-ordinated admissions scheme. If they have already arranged to accept direct applications, you should apply using their own form – available from the school. This does not prevent you from using the D-CAF to apply. If you do, we will pass this on to the school.
Some schools will require you to apply on their own application form where this is part of their admissions policy. For 2015-16, these schools are:
- Pilton Bluecoat Academy Church of England School, Barnstaple
- Sparkwell All Saints Primary School
- Steiner Academy, Exeter.