Infant school appeals
Different rules apply for admission into years R (reception), 1 and 2. These year groups are also known as KS1 (Key Stage 1). The panel have to decide whether or not:
- The decision to refuse was not one which a reasonable admission authority would make in the circumstances of the case (Ground ‘A’), or
- The child would have been offered a place if the admission arrangements had been properly implemented (Ground ‘B’).
The procedure is therefore slightly different for an appeal under KS1 as follows:
- The presenting officer will explain their case.
- You and the panel will be able to ask the presenting officer questions.
- You may put your case as it relates to the two criteria above that the panel have to consider.
- The panel will come to a decision and you will be notified.