Family Solutions Service
We offer a range of meetings including family group conferences and a number of other interventions which include smaller restorative and mediated meetings – all of which are aimed at achieving positive change.
Our nationally accredited Family Group Conference Service has been established for several years and we have recently expanded to build on the work we can offer when working directly with families.
Situations where a request to the Family Solutions Service could be made will include the following but there may be others:
- At an early help stage, to prevent an escalation of the issues requiring social work involvement, such as:
- concerns about the child in relation school issues
- concerns about the impact on the child about what is happening at home
- concerns that the situation for the child is getting worse and change is needed.
- Where Social Work and Child Protection Services are/have been involved such as:
- at the point of child in need to prevent further escalation and promote a step-down to early help
- preventing reception into care
- at the point of a pre-birth assessment starting
- prior to consideration of court involvement as promoted in the pre-proceedings checklist
- where there are child protection concerns and the family need a co-ordinated response to address these.
Any of the above might routinely include the following issues but there may be others:
- A breakdown in family relationships.
- Issues of contact.
- Exploring the wider family and friends network to ensure all the potential strengths of the family are known.
- Improving family members communication for the benefit of their children.
- Sharing accountability for the care and safety needs of children with the wider family group.
Every situation is unique to each family and we will talk with families to discuss what they want to achieve and how they wish to go about achieving this. All our services are ‘opt in’ and families can choose whether or not they want to work with us.
Devon is one of the seven local authorities taking part in the exciting pilot Lifelong Links. For more information about Lifelong Links please view here.
Please contact us directly to discuss any queries, or if you would like to know more, at firstname.lastname@example.org.