Applying for Early Years Entitlement

What to do next

You may already be using childcare where you can take up the entitlement once your child is old enough.

If you are not already using childcare or planning to move childcarer, you need to decide where you want your child to go. You can find full information on registered childcarers in Devon at or call 0845 155 1013.

There are tips on how to choose the best setting for you and your child in our Choosing Childcare factsheet.

You must then contact your chosen setting or school direct. They will tell you how to apply for a place.

When your child has a place at the setting or school they will then apply to the local authority for your child’s Early Years Entitlement.

You do not apply for the funding yourself.

This page was last modified: 2nd Aug 2016