Preparing for Adulthood page updates
The SEND Preparing for Adulthood pages have been updated. We have tried to make it easier to find important information and make the whole area of the website less confusing. We did this because website analytics and feedback from users told us that people couldn’t always find what they were looking for.
The SEND Code of Practice explains that:
4.2 The Local Offer has two key purposes:
• To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it, and
• To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children and those with SEN and their parents, and disabled young people and those with SEN, and service providers in its development and review
4.8 Local authorities must involve children with SEN or disabilities and their parents and young people with SEN or disabilities in:
• planning the content of the Local Offer
• deciding how to publish the Local Offer
• reviewing the Local Offer, including by enabling them to make comments about it
You can feedback on the content of the SEND Local Offer (the services) or the content of the website (the information) at any time.
We will publish comments we receive and explain how we have acted on them. You can use the links below to give us your feedback.