This website includes information on safeguarding adults at risk from abuse, and the work of Devon’s Safeguarding Adults Board.
There is also information on the Mental Capacity Act 2005, and how this important piece of law protects vulnerable people who lack mental capacity to make some decisions.
Safeguarding adults at risk is everyone’s business. It depends on people understanding and doing the following things:
- being aware of the risks of abuse and neglect that adults at risk can face
- knowing what help is available
- understanding their responsibilities
- working together to report and investigate concerns
- working together to prevent abuse and neglect.
The Safeguarding Adults Board aims to ensure that organisations work together to achieve all of these things in order to protect adults at risk.
This site provides information for people who may experience or be at risk of experiencing abuse, their families, carers, and anyone who works with people with health or social care needs.