Will I have to pay any charges for using The Devon Card?
Posted on 8 July 2013
Some types of usage incur charges. The only charges that you will be liable for are:
- Replacement of card (e.g. in case of lost or stolen card) – £3.50 per replacement
- overseas use of card – £1 per transaction plus 2% of value
- withdrawn or cancelled transactions (if you want to cancel a payment you made earlier) – £5 per transaction
- next-day bank transfer of funds from account – £3 per transaction ( there is no charge for a normal transfer which takes up to three working days)
- same-day bank transfer of funds from account (CHAPS) – £15 per transaction
- standard overseas transfer of funds from account – £20 per transaction
- urgent overseas transfer of funds from account – £28 per transaction
These charges can also be found by going online and clicking on my fees.
The majority of these charges should be avoidable. The Direct payments team can discuss any concerns you may have about charging.
Charges are deductible from the funds held on your Devon Card. You will need to reimburse any charges you incur from personal funds (see Can I add other funds to my Devon Card?).