Can someone else look after my Devon Card for me?

If the person who is eligible for direct payments does not have capacity to consent, their Devon Card must be looked after by what we call a ‘suitable person’ (please see Can someone without mental capacity have a Devon Card?).

If you have the mental capacity to have a Devon Card but you want someone else to look after your card and manage the associated finances on your behalf, you can appoint what we call a ‘nominated person’ to do this. However, it is important to remember that it is you who is accountable for how your direct payments money is spent.

A member of the Direct Payments team will be able to talk you through the options for getting help with your card.

Be the first to Comment