Guide: Public Participation at Committee Meetings
- Part 1Can I attend a meeting?
- Part 2Public Participation
- Part 3Are there any restrictions on what questions I may ask?
- Part 4How do I table my question?
- Part 5How much time is allowed for petitions and/or questions?
- Part 6How many questions may I ask?
- Part 7If I put in a question do I actually have to be there?
- Part 8Is there a limit on the length of any question?
- Part 9How will the answer to my question be given?
- Part 10Once my question has been asked, may I ask another?
- Part 11Presentations to Council, Scrutiny, Development Management, Highways and Traffic Orders and Public Rights of Way Committees
- Part 12Representations to Council
- Part 13Representations to the Scrutiny Committee Meeting
- Part 14Presentations to Development Management, Highways and Traffic Orders and Public Rights of Way Committees
- Part 15How will I know what is on the agenda for a meeting?
Is there a limit on the length of any question?
No, but it would be best to keep it as short as possible to avoid any misunderstanding. 50 words are normally sufficient to frame a clear and direct question.