Guide: How to stand for Election - Information for Candidates
- Part 1The County Council
- Part 2The County Councillor's Role
- Part 3Political Parties
- Part 4Independent Councillors
- Part 5Life as a Councillor
- Part 6Ethics and Standards
- Part 7Local Government in Devon
- Part 8Who Knows Where The Time Goes
- Part 9The Basics
- Part 10The County Hall Campus
- Part 11Services for Members of the Council
If you are thinking of standing as a candidate for a particular political party then you should first get in touch with that party’s local organisation.
These are listed in the business & services section of the BT Phone Book under Conservative Associations, Labour Party, Liberal Democrats, Liberal Party, Green Party and so on.
Many parties also have a national website, through which you can get information about how they operate in your area. The parties currently represented on the County Council are:
Links to many other political parties are available on the Parliament webpages.
There is also useful information for candidates, agents and political parties on the Electoral Commission website.