|Exeter 23rd Oct Community Mapping Event Notes
||Transport (especially in rural areas)
- costs a major issue and block to expanding provision of services
- Challenge re responding to individual need & associated transport costs (i.e. not necessarily groups of people wanting the same thing at the same time).
- If fewer buildings, consider travel times / cost implicationso Business continuity – ensuring provision in adverse weather etc. Ensuring coverage in rural areas.
- better promotion of the Community Transport Network?
- Use of Mobility Allowances?
- Transport for your Community – Mark Bailey (DCC).
- Services often planned around bus routes tc as accessibility crucial even in Exeter.
Growing 3rd sector / Community Connectors
- Business continuity – ensuring provision in adverse weather etc. Ensuring coverage in rural areas.
|Mid Devon 17 Oct Community Mapping Event Table 1
- Need to look at mobile phone coverage in rural areas.
- Difficulties relating to rural support ie: transport, cost of transport
- Rural accessibility is important
- We should have a ‘rural isolation bus’ to help people in rural areas access services.
- Transport is important, example was given about a client who was enabled to pass his driving test and now volunteers as a driver for the day centre 3 days a week.
|South Devon 18th October Community Mapping Event
|North 24th October Flip Charts
- Gaps more acute in rural areas – use vittalls? and community buildings with shared taxis
|East Devon Community Mapping Table 1
- Axminster and other villages locally – no bus service
- Worse in Mid Devon
- Isolation and support network
- There have been cuts in the east to transport and day care
Councils won’t fund transport element
- Rural People – those who cant get to a centre
|North Devon Community Mapping Table 1