|Mid Devon 17 Oct Community Mapping Event|
- Clients cannot use PB/DP’s in DCC centres
|South Devon 18th October Community Mapping Event – Table 1|
- Inconsistency in outcomes of Personal Budget Questionnaires. If the parent or carer hasn’t got an awareness or if they haven’t been supported properly in completing the questionnaire, we often end up with big packages for low need clients.
- Need to raise awareness of Personal budgets and offer more support to carers.
|South Devon 18th October Community Mapping Event|
- Clear, realistic approach so providers know exactly what is expected.
|South & West – Sonia Burgess 18th October|
- Issue of the legal status of the groups operating in the VCS – some groups may be prohibited from offering certain services to certain client groups because of their articles of association
- Where local providers are funded by grant aid this may create conflict should they want to bid for work previously carried out by statutory organisations
- Memory Matters – personal care needs would present a cut off because they are CQC registered
|North Devon Community Mapping Table 1|
- Big problem – Direct payments and carers employment law. Tribunal – legal liabilities, recently a relative had to pay £2K for not consulting with the carer before he laid her off.
|North 24th October Flip Charts||Staff need to be empowered to take decisions less bureaucracy and more trust in providers|