|Exeter 23rd Oct Community Mapping Event Notes||Growing 3rd sector / Community Connectors (see below) –|
- co-ordination and having volunteers there to deliver these services. Co-ordination is a full time job
- Business continuity – ensuring provision in adverse weather etc. Ensuring coverage in rural areas.
- clients like consistency in carers/supporters, particularly clients with dementia.
- Vol sector has finite capacity / number of volunteers – already running to capacity in some areas/organisations. Need to understand boundaries / limits of services. How can we better target services?
|Mid Devon 17 Oct Community Mapping Event Table 1|
- *Age UK and CAB hold information on local services, volunteers keep it up to date
- Complex care team Voluntary sector reps are knowledgable
|Mid Devon 17 Oct Community Mapping Event|
- Would be useful for voluntary sector organisations to ‘shadow’ CDP teams whilst carrying out phone assessments
- Facilitate locality networking meetings for voluntary & 3rd sector providers to generate connections, creating innovative solutions
|North 24th October Flip Charts||Anxious about more pressure on community & voluntary servicesNeed to recruit more volunteers – workforce development/training|
- Overload and expectations of volunteers
- Help to motivate WIFH volunteersBurden of staff training, i.e H&S, etcImportance of library as key local signposting of services