Use of Satellite Store Equipment
- if the person has an eligible need for equipment provision from DILIS
- and that need is to prevent hospital admission or facilitate hospital discharge
- and equipment is needed out of hours or at weekends
- and all other DILIS equipment provision options are unavailable.
In these circumstances Devon equipment prescribing staff can collect equipment from their local Satellite Store to deliver and fit equipment in a person’s own home.
- observe safe moving and handling techniques
- fit according to manufacturers fitting instructions
- assess for safe use of equipment
- ensure the person or their carer understand safe use of equipment
- follow their local satellite store management system to ensure provision of equipment is recorded with CES and equipment taken from the store can be replaced from DILIS CES stock (recycled equipment will be used when possible)