What training needs to be done?

Posted on: 20 December 2016

We would advise that those involved in organising the works should undertake a Highway Safety Awareness course or equivalent.

If road closures are being set up, for community events, then those setting up the traffic management should have undertaken the Traffic Management for Community Events course or equivalent.

If sub-contractors are employed to carry out works on the highway, either through a road closure or with the required traffic management, they have to have the appropriate qualifications to enable them to do so. It is the responsibility of the organisation, hiring the sub-contractor, to ensure that this is in place.

Bookmark the permalink.