Devon County Council is delivering an ambitious programme to improve its Children’s Social Work and Child Protection service and aims to improve its standards to the equivalent of a ‘good’ Ofsted rating. The Children’s Social Work and Child Protection Senior Management Team has developed a plan to structure the delivery of the improvement work for the 2016/2017 financial year. The plan has been produced in collaboration with the Devon Safeguarding Children Board (DSCB) and Children, Young People and Families Alliance to ensure its objectives align with those of the wider partnerships and share a common ambition.
The improvement plan pulls together the various objectives to be achieved under the following work strands:
- Leadership and Management
- Right Service, Right Time
- High Quality Statutory Service
- Looked After Children are properly looked after
- Care Levers are listened to and supported to aspire and achieve.