Who should have telecare?
Telecare is for anyone living at home who may not always be able to get help when they need it, this could include people who:
- would get peace of mind from having a call button to summon help in an emergency
- have dementia or memory loss which means they wander or forget to do things like turn the cooker off
- are unable to respond to risks in the home such as fire, flood and gas leaks
- are becoming increasingly frail and are at risk of falling
- are struggling to cope at home and may be regularly admitted to hospital
- have a sensory impairment
- have a learning disability.