If you think a vulnerable adult is being abused in any way, tell someone.
Contact Care Direct on 0345 1551 007 or email email@example.com
Care Direct is open to take calls from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. If an emergency situation happens outside these hours or on a Bank Holiday contact the Emergency Duty Service on 0345 6000 388.
Who is an Adult at risk?
An adult at risk is someone who:
- has care and support needs
- is experiencing abuse or neglect or is at risk of abuse or neglect
- their care and support needs are making them unable to protection themselves against the abuse or neglect.
To keep vulnerable adults safe we all need to work together to:
- be aware of the risks of abuse and neglect that vulnerable adults can face
- know what help is available
- understand your responsibilities
- work together to report and investigate concerns
- work together to prevent abuse and neglect.
If you or someone you know is affected by domestic violence there is help available. For independent and confidential advice call Devon’s domestic abuse helpline on 0345 155 1074 or visit new.devon.gov.uk/dsva
Rogue traders and scammers
Vulnerable adults can be more likely to be targeted by scammers and con artists. If you think you, or someone you know or care for, are being scammed there is help and support available.
If you are a member of staff and believe that someone you work with may be affected by financial scams or abuse, discuss the risk with them and, if possible, identify their preferred outcomes. If there is enough information available consider raising an alert with the Safeguarding Adults Team.
Get more information about Devon Safeguarding Adults Board – how we work together to keep people safe.
I want more information about: