Independent Living Centre
Clothing advice service
We offer a clothing advice service which can help if you struggle to get dressed, or need specialist clothing to meet your needs.
The service is run by an occupational therapist and offers:
- an individual assessment of your dressing and clothing needs
- advice and information about dressing techniques
- guidance on ways to promote comfort and dignity when assisted in dressing
- information about styles, fabrics, fasteners and adaptations
- lists of specialist suppliers who provide garments to meet specific clothing needs
- information about current styles to meet your needs
- a list of local alteration services
- advice on possible grants available if your condition leads to extra clothing costs.
Our service also has close links with continence advisory services across Devon. Getting to the toilet on time can often be an equipment or clothing issue; we can show you a range of underwear, clothing and fasteners and equipment which can help. With the right equipment, clothing and transfer techniques we can help you maintain your continence and keep the process of using the toilet as private as possible.
To use this service make an appointment by phoning 01392 380181 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also write to us at ILC, Devon House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot TQ12 4PB explaining your dressing or clothing problems in as much detail as possible.