Who is Personal Brokerage for?
Personal Brokerage is used to commission long-term, respite and emergency care packages for people with complex, unstable and unpredictable needs and risks who:
- have a physical disability (including Acquired Brain Injury)
- have a sensory disability
- have a learning disability
- have mental health problems
- are older people not living in a residential home.
The process is used to commission both social and health care placements where appropriate. If you have Direct Payments you may also be able to use Personal Brokerage to help you to find care package providers.
Why we use this method
This service helps you to find the right care to meet your needs. It also allows care providers registered with Personal Brokerage to see what care is required and where, so they can develop local services.
How will I be involved in the process?
- By being involved in what is written in your My Assessment. This includes a budget calculator, which estimates your individual budget and creates your My Plan, which will be used to create your Outcome Statement.
- By visiting the providers identified and deciding if you would like to choose them.