1) A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to A3079/A3072 – Branders Corner. Please send me the full policy including details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, of how these inspections should be conducted, and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
Devon County Council Highway maintenance policy is set out in our highway Safety manual which can be viewed online at:
2) A copy of the road repair history for A3079/A3072 – Branders Corner over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history including:
– Dates of all safety inspections between 2 months prior to the 8 January 2018
– Details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked, or driven, speed of inspection vehicle, etc. )
– Details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
– Details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
A copy of the road inspection history is attached via the link below:
This sets out all inspections, all carriageway defect identified with description and how the defects were subsequently addressed.
Carriageway inspections are driven, with the highway inspector as the passenger, as a suitably slow pace to allow the inspector to inspect the carriageway.