1. How many children of eligible school age were electively home educated in 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17? Broken down by each year, please, and by school year of the pupil, please.
Information for all years except 2016-17 can be found on the Babcock LDP website at www.babcock-education.co.uk/ldp/home education (data is only available per Key Stage not per year group)
The data for 2016-17 will not be available until September 2017
2. If there has been an increase, could the council please offer explanations as to why?
There are a number of reasons that could have contributed to this increase, but not one specific factor.
3. If a decrease, again an explanation as to why that might be.
4. How many pupils returned from being electively home educated into schools in 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17. Please specify by type of school they returned to a) primary mainstream school b) secondary mainstream school b) pupil referral unit c) independent alternative provision d) special needs school, for each of those years.
Please see table below.
|Pupil Referral Unit||*||0||*||7||0||0|
|Special Needs School||6||*||6||10||11||*|
Please note that information marked with * has been removed from the enclosed disclosure, as the figures are 5 or less the Council considers that this information constitutes personal data of third parties as this could identify the individuals. Therefore, we believe that disclosure of this information would constitute a breach of the first principle of the Data Protection Act 1998. For this reason, we feel this information is exempt from disclosure by virtue of the exemption at Section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
5. Why do pupils return into mainstream school? Reasons for that, please.
Reasons for return not collected
6. How many home tuition tutors for pupils needing lessons at home were employed by the council in 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, and 2016-17? Broken down by year, please.
Devon County Council does not provide home tutors for pupils who are electively home educated. Therefore we do not hold that information.