Please can you send me:
1) A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that A386 at Loxdown (Between Bideford and Torrington). Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
The Devon County Council Highway Safety Manual, which includes details of how safety inspections are carried out and the frequency of inspections, can be viewed online at: https://new.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/maintaining-roads/highways-safety-inspections/
2) A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
– dates of all safety inspections between 29th October 2018 and 28th December 2018
– details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc)
– details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
– details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
Devon County Council records for the inspections and repairs for this road can be viewed via the link below:
We can confirm that inspections were carried out on 18 September 2018, 8 October 2018, 7 November 2018 and 3 December 2018.
Inspections of the carriageway were driven at slow speed with a passenger in the vehicle to inspect the carriageway.
Details of all the defects and the action taken can be found in the records via the link above.