Freedom of Information Act 2000
Date of Request: 25 August 2016
Date of Disclosure: 05 September 2016
Please find Devon County Council’s response to each of your questions below;
- How many public play parks/playgrounds/areas are active across your authority in 2016?
- How many of said areas are actively maintained?
- How many public play parks/playgrounds/areas were active across your authority in previous decades if you have those stats? 1986, 1996 etc.
- Do you have any plans for new playgrounds or areas?
- How many Leisure Centres does your authority run?
A) Please note that Devon County Council is not responsible for providing or maintaining parks, recreational space or leisure centres and therefore we do not hold the information requested. I understand that the District and Unitary Councils in Devon are responsible for such facilities. I therefore suggest that you contact each of these organisations directly to obtain the information requested.
In the interest of providing you advice and assistance, please find details for each of the district councils in Devon on our website at;
Details for the unitary councils of Plymouth City and Torbay Borough Council are available below;