Freedom of Information Act 2000
Date of Request: 18/03/2016
Date of Disclosure: 18/04/2016
Please find Devon County Council’s response to each of the questions below;
Please could you supply the following information, if possible, separately, for each financial year from 2010 until the present day (including 2015-16 if data is available).
1. In each financial year, how many applications for a Disabled Facilities Grant did your council receive?
2. How many applications for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) did your council approve?
3. How much money was available to your council in total (annually) for DFGs?
4. How much of your funding for DFGs was spent? (please answer in £)
5. How much extra funding (if any) did you pay out on top of your DFG budget, to meet grant requests? (please answer in £)
6. How many applicants waited longer than the six month limit for a decision on their application for a DFG?
7. What was the longest amount of time that an applicant waited for a decision on their application for a DFG?
8. How many applicants waited longer than the time limit of a year after grant approval to receive their grant and have adaptations completed?
9. What was the longest amount of time an applicant waited after grant approval to receive their grant and have adaptations completed?
10. What was the average (median) amount of funding requested and awarded? 1
11. If known, how many applicants were in residential care while they waited for a grant?
A) Please note that Devon County Council does not hold the information requested. This is because the Disabled Facilities Grants service is provided by the local district and unitary Councils throughout Devon.
In the interest of providing you advice and assistance, please find details for each of the district councils in Devon on our website at;
Details for the unitary councils of Plymouth City and Torbay Borough Council are available below