I am the principal operations officer for Money Assist Group in the area of support and funding for small businesses
Our focus for businesses, but also consumers, is to promote the principles of Treating Customers Fairly and provide information and support to the often neglected small business owner who are often left vulnerable and financially disadvantaged because of the limited resources available to them.
As a consequence, I contact you for your help and assistance in line with the guidance provided by the H M Government website GOV UK
In support of our request for help to you, we do of course submit our request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and in doing so gratefully request your help in providing to us the following information from the Business Rates Department at Cornwall Council.
• We are in need, please, of a list of all Businesses with current Rateable values between £100 and £15000 who have had small business rates relief put in place since and including 01/04/2017 who did not receive a rebate of monies paid from the last valuation period (2010-2017), if possible please make addresses and Rateable values visible.
• I have attached a simple template format (Excel Spreadsheet) to enable you to forward this information, which hopefully you will find workable…but otherwise we will be happy with any other format you find more suitable for yourselves
• I am happy for this information to be sent to us as an email attachment or by secure post
• Our responsibilities and commitment to Data Handling are of course in accordance with our ICO registration
• In the unlikely event, you find it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, of the Act – then we would be please to receive your advice and assistance, under your Section 16 obligations, as to how we should review or reformat our request in order for it to be included in the scope of the Act.
We are aware that the Act provides for your response within 20 working days, but we would be obliged for any help you are able to provide in reducing this timescale as much as is convenient for you
Devon County Council does not collect business rates; these are collected by district, city and unitary authorities and therefore Devon County Council does not hold the information you request. We recommend that you request the information from district, city or unitary authorities.
Contact details can be found on our website at: https://new.devon.gov.uk/neighbouring-authorities/