All statistics and information shown here refers to Devon LA maintained schools, unless otherwise specified. A number of schools that were previously LA maintained schools have become academies and their data may not always be available. Where data is available it will be included – please check headings carefully.
The following are “Year Group” indicators and where appropriate they are incorporated in the statistics:
|Infants school||Years R – 2||Comprehensive all-through||Years 7 – 11|
|Primary (Infants and Junior) schools||Years R – 6||Comprehensive all-through including 6th form||Years 7 – 13|
|Junior schools||Years 3 – 6|
|All through schools||Years R – 11|
possibly 12 and 13
Pupil numbers and characteristics
The collection of information, from nursery, primary, secondary and special schools, is made in each of the autumn, spring and summer terms by means of the Schools Census and is subject to the Department for Education (DfE) requirements. A full return is collected, for the DfE, in the spring term with abbreviated versions in the autumn and summer terms. The data collected from each school includes:
- individual pupil details e.g. name, age, gender, ethnicity etc. Free school meal eligibility
- Special Educational Needs: statemented, eduction, health and care plans and SEN support pupil numbers and their primary need (which is only collected in the spring term)
- pupil attendance data (one term in arrears) including reason for absence, for example, illness
- exclusions: permanent, fixed term and lunch-time (two term in arrears)
The data collected on the School Census varies slightly each term. Pupil level data, attendance and exclusion data (permanent, fixed term and lunch-time exclusions) is collected in all three terms. In the spring term the following data is collected:
- class information at Foundation, Key Stages 1, 2 and secondary schools
- free school meal take up
Summary information collected can be made available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key stage 2 and 4 examination statistics
Details are available by school/college using the following links to government websites:
Careers South West Ltd, carry out an annual survey of post-16 education. This survey shows whether pupils are continuing education in schools or colleges and also other destinations, for example, entering employment, training or unemployment.