If you see, hear or suspect a vulnerable adult is being abused in any way, please tell someone.
Contact Care Direct on 0845 1551 007 or email email@example.com. Care Direct is open to take calls from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. Outside these hours and on Sundays and Bank Holidays, in emergency only, contact the Emergency Duty Service on 0845 6000 388.
Safeguarding vulnerable adults is everyone’s business. It depends on people:
- being aware of the risks of abuse and neglect that vulnerable adults can face
- knowing what help is available
- understanding their responsibilities
- working together to report and investigate concerns
- working together to prevent abuse and neglect
The Devon Safeguarding Adults Board aims to ensure that organisations work together to achieve all of these things in order to protect vulnerable adults in Devon.
We have written a Vision of Support for Vulnerable Adults which explains how we will work together with health and community partners to provide services for vulnerable adults.