Assessments, Direct Payments, paying for care and legal issues

If you, a relative or someone you care for wants help from social care services you will need to have a social care assessment. This section gives you information about the assessment process, explains different ways of receiving support and details the costs associated with care.

There is also information here about the Mental Capacity Act and managing someone else’s affairs if they are unable to and how you can get someone to speak on your behalf.

I want more information about:

Getting a social care assessment
Social care support
Direct Payments
Personal budgets
Paying for residential care
Paying for nursing care
Managing someone else’s affairs
Someone to speak on your behalf
Money and benefits
End of life care and planning

  • Search for services on the Devon Community Directory
    Find support, groups and activities in your area